Visual Violet™ provides an in-gel stain that eliminates the need for UV irradiation of agarose gels to visualize DNA bands with the naked eye or on a white light box without destaining.
- Cloning efficiency by a factor of four to five
- Transformation efficiency increased by three to five folds over that obtained with ethidium bromide stained gels
- No post-run staining or destaining
- Compatible with downstream cloning applications
- Sensitive down to 50 ng of DNA per band (1,000 bp)
Fragments may be excised and purified for conventional methods including spin-column chromatography and alcohol precipitation. Since UV light introduces nicks as well as other lesions in DNA, it can impact downstream applications sensitive to DNA damage. Bands are visible immediately after electrophoresis.
Información para pedidos: Includes Visual Violet™ Gel Additive, 200X (15 ml) and Visual Violet™ Loading Buffer, 6X (2 ml) for 30×100 ml gels.
Precaución: Store at room temperature (18 – 26°C).