illustra™ TempliPhi large construct DNA amplification kit (TempliPhi LC kit) is used to prepare templates for BAC or fosmid DNA sequencing.
- Start from microlitre quantities of purified templates, as well as bacterial culture or glycerol stocks
- Generate 5 μg amounts of total DNA
- Simplified process, 20 minute hands-on time
- Amplification is completed in 18 hours without thermal cycling
- Simple, automation friendly protocol with great reproducibility
The TempliPhi method utilises bacteriophage Phi29 DNA polymerase enzyme to exponentially amplify single- or double-stranded circular DNA templates by rolling circle amplification (RCA).