Albumin and IgG depletion SpinTrap™ columns for the depletion of albumin and IgG from human serum and plasma. Columns are prepacked with high performance Sepharose-based media with an affinity for human serum albumin (HSA) and IgG.
- Handles smaller sample volumes (~50 μl) using a tabletop centrifuge
- Columns are prepacked with high performance Sepharose based resin with an affinity for human serum albumin (HSA) and IgG
- High depletion capacity, removes >95% HSA and >90% IgG, with high reproducibility
- Simple and fast procedure
- Removal of albumin and IgG allows a higher load of less abundant proteins to be included in the analysis and detection of more proteins
Albumin and IgG are the most abundant plasma proteins, and they tend to obscure the signals of less abundant proteins. Depletion of the two proteins removes more than 60% of the total protein content in human plasma, allowing a higher load of less abundant proteins to be included in the analysis and detection of more proteins. These columns are members of the Trap platform and address the need for flexible, small-scale preparation of protein samples prior to downstream analyses such as 1-D or 2-D gel electrophoresis and mass spectrometry.
For larger scale please use HiTrap Albumin and IgG Depletion columns.